If you are thinking about abortion, please contact us before you make a final choice. We are here to help you sort through all of your questions and concerns.There is a lot to educate yourself on before you make a decision, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Abortion is not a simple procedure; it may have many side effects. Abortion has been associated with preterm birth, emotional and psychological impact, and spiritual consequences. Please contact our clinic so that you can make an informed decision.
PRC Medical offers peer counseling and accurate information about all pregnancy options. However, we do not offer or refer for abortion services.
The first trimester is the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy. How far into your pregnancy you are is determined using the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP).
Early Non-Surgical Abortion
1. The Abortion Pill also known as RU-486 (Can be used up to 7 weeks from LNMP)
*Note* This is NOT the same as Emergency Contraception such Plan B or the Morning After Pill.
2. Vacuum Aspiration Abortion (Can be done up to 14 weeks after LMP)
3. Dilation and Curettage Abortion (D&C) (Can be done up to 14 weeks after LMP)
The second trimester is the next 13 to 28 weeks of your pregnancy.
1. Dilation and Curettage Abortion (D&C) (Can be done before 14 weeks gestation)
*See explanation of procedure above*
2. Dilation and Evacuation Abortion (D&E) (Can be done at 14 weeks gestation and after)
All information on methods and possible complications taken from "Abortion: A Woman's Right To Know" pamphlet from the Georgia Department of Human Resources. This information can be found at http://dph.georgia.gov/womens-right-know-wrtk